BIOFor the past 5 years I have been consulting for NGOs and international organizations like UNOCHA, Alliance Guinea, Freedom House, the World Bank, Ushahidi, NDI, UNICEF, UNDP, the Popular Engagement Policy Lab, etc. on the use of ICT4D, new technologies and crisis mapping. I am also the Co-Founder of the Standby Task Force, and a member of the International Network of Crisis Mappers. I worked for 3 years as Internews Media Innovation Advisor for the Africa Region, Health and Humanitarian Media, based in Nairobi, Kenya and covering Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Nigeria, Republic of South Sudan and Haiti. Currently I am Senior Innovation Advisor for the Internews Center for Innovation and Learning, based in Washington DC. I hold a Master degree from Colombia University - School of International and Public Affairs, a BA in International Affairs from the University of Bologna, a Master in Human Rights from the University of Padova and a Post-Graduate Degree on Humanitarian Assistance from the Center for the Rights of People of the Padova University.
- Learning from Kenya: using SMSs for a rapid response mechanism in Central African Republic
- Bluetooth is the Facebook of Central African Republic
- Social Media for Local Media and NGOs
- Opening up the Open Data Movement
- The failure of the Cybersecurity community
- Why the emergency will not be twitted
- Social Media for Emergencies 101
- The conundrum of digital humanitarianism: when the crowd does harm
- Kenya Westgate Mall Attack: social media sources
- Asia Trip 2013: Follow the adventures of a crisis mapper in Asia!