I have given a lot of presentations at conferences, and I try, when possible, to always upload them on Slide Share so that other can use/re-use and share them. Please, feel free to let me know if you used it, and if it was useful:
BIOFor the past 4 years I have been consulting for NGOs and international organizations like UNOCHA, Alliance Guinea, Freedom House, the World Bank, Ushahidi, NDI, UNICEF, UNDP, the Popular Engagement Policy Lab, etc. on the use of ICT4D, new technologies and crisis mapping. I am also the Co-Founder of the Standby Task Force, and a member of the International Network of Crisis Mappers. I worked for 2 years as Internews Media Innovation Advisor for the Africa Region, Health and Humanitarian Media, based in Nairobi, Kenya and covering Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Nigeria, Republic of South Sudan and Haiti. Currently I am Senior Innovation Advisor for the Internews Center for Innovation & Learning, based in Washington DC. I hold a Master degree from Colombia University - School of International and Public Affairs, a BA in International Affairs from the University of Bologna, a Master in Human Rights from the University of Padova and a Post-Graduate Degree on Humanitarian Assistance from the Center for the Rights of People of the Padova University.
- The failure of the Cybersecurity community
- Why the emergency will not be twitted
- Social Media for Emergencies 101
- The conundrum of digital humanitarianism: when the crowd does harm
- Kenya Westgate Mall Attack: social media sources
- Asia Trip 2013: Follow the adventures of a crisis mapper in Asia!
- Why citizens’ feedback is a false issue
- Crisis Mapping Intelligence Information during the Libyan Civil War
- Kenya: one election, 7 phone services, 3 maps and some confusion!
- 2012 in review